3 minute read
In the restoration business, as in many service businesses, we rely on technicians and field staff to assist with the image and credibility of our company. When they do it wrong, it can be devastating for our reputation and ultimate reviews. That translates into lost profit and maybe loss of our business.
HOW TO LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE
- Show up late for your appointment
- Poor or little communication
- Failure to ask good questions
- Not truly listening to their comments
- Disrespecting their property
- Don’t walk on their lawn
- Don’t smoke on their property
CREATE A RAVING FAN
- Ask for permission to park in the driveway
- Ask for permission to bring in your tools
- Ask which door to use
- Wear clean uniforms
- Always have an ID badge
- Give them your business card
- Use tarps, mats, and booties
- Give them a refrigerator magnet with your info
WE LOSE CUSTOMERS BECAUSE
- 1% Die
- 3% Move away
- 13% Change interests or go to a competitor
- 14% Are dissatisfied with the products or service
- 69% Are upset with the treatment they received
WHAT NOT TO SAY
- Don’t comment on personal items in the home
- Never discuss politics or religion
- Never make ‘sexist’ remarks (male or female)
- Don’t make comments about their “teenage daughter!”
OK TO SAY
- Talk about the weather
- Compliment the flowers or landscaping
- Ask them about any other concerns
- Thank them for calling your company!
- “Please” and “Thank you”
You are an expert (but don’t show off). Understand your customer WANTS your products and services, they need your solutions, and they want to do business with you. Every one of them wants to have a good business experience with you and your company, and silently hopes they can become raving fans.
Your failure to give the customer a wonderful experience means they will forget your company name (and yours) within three to six months or sooner.
Many of the above dos and don’ts also apply to your marketer going to their home. Marketers can kill an opportunity with one wrong action or word. They need similar training just like your techs!
Want to know more? Call Dick Wagner at 419-202-6745.
Nationally recognized coach, consultant, trainer, and speaker
Creator of the renowned PREP™ pre-disaster program
Copyright© 2020-2022 AskDickWagner, LLC All Rights Reserved